Provided by Contryman Wealth Advisors
A plan to protect your income and to pay expenses should you become disabled before retirement, or to protect your retirement and other assets if you need care for a long-term disability or illness.
Disability planning will help protect one of your most valuable assets while you are working: your “earning” asset. A disability policy with sufficient coverage can help provide the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your bills will be paid and your family cared for if you become disabled due to injury or illness. While your employer may provide some coverage, it may be insufficient to cover all of your expenses, and it covers you only while you are working for that employer.
Only a few companies offer disability protection to farmers. We work with some of these companies. While you may have found the coverage unavailable or too expensive to consider, it is available and often at affordable rates. As a farmer, you may find peace of mind in protecting your family if you should become disabled.
Your Contryman Wealth Advisors professional can help you determine the type of coverage that may be appropriate for you. We can help you wade through the details that define the policy you select and we will tell you about the tax consequences of these policies so you are informed before you make your decision.
The cost of long-term care in the United States continues to rise at an alarming rate. In 2018 the average annual cost of full time care ranges from $48,000-$100,000 depending on the type of care that is required.* Some conditions such as Alzheimer’s may result in stays of 10 years or more. If you are retired, that amount could seriously reduce the number of years your retirement nest egg will last. You may also wish to consider long-term care protection if you are still working to pay expenses for your care not covered by a standard disability policy. We can help you determine your need and compare policies for your long-term care protection.
- Meet with a Contryman professional to determine your needs for disability or long-term care protection
- We can discuss the different types of policies available to meet your needs, explaining the terminology, limitations, and tax implications for each
- If you decide to purchase coverage through Contryman Wealth Advisors, we will prepare a quote so that you will know the cost of the policy you select
- We will help you with the forms that are required to put your policy in place so that you are protected in case of disability or illness
* Source: Genworth 2018 Cost of Care Survey